Thursday, March 22, 2012

Welcome spring!

had an english teacher in high school who always admonished us to take time out of our busy teenage lives to literally "stop and smell the roses." Such an important lesson that I have been reminded of as of late & oh how I love the spring to do just that...especially here in North Carolina! The song lyrics "I looked out the window and what did I see, popcorn popping!" never rang more true ; )

 I love how the cherry blossoms are blooming all over town! I just stand under the trees looking up in complete awe of the abundantly fragrant & fluffy white and pink flowers! They are so beautiful! I can't imagine anyone denying there is a God. To me these flowers are a true witness and testimony of God's existence and great love for us! 

"For all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator." {Alma 30:44}

I'm also super excited our hydrangea bush is beginning to burst with bright green leafy blooms! I can't wait to see it in full bloom, plenty with gorgeous hydrangea flowers. I wonder what color they will be?

Here is one left over from last spring. Looks like they will be white?! Hydrangeas are some of my favorite flowers other than peonies & orchids! I even wanted them for our wedding but they weren't in season! No one else in our lil town home community has a hydrangea bush in front of their home so I feel pretty lucky! 

Growing up my mom was always pointing out beautiful sunsets, trees and flowers to us wherever we went. I remember the first time my mom pointed out a bird of paradise flower (the one that looks like a crane) in the parking lot of an Olive Garden when I was like 5 or 6. I thought it was a real bird haha! I hope that my children will grow up noticing the small & simple, beautiful creations all around them.

Camden already loves getting outside and rolling around in the grass! You could say it is one of his favorite past times : ) 

Oh and so is eating the grass! As soon as I pull the grass from his hands or mouth he grabs another handfull. "It is just so tasty mom!"

Welcome spring, we are so glad you are here!

1 comment:

ALTA said...

Hey girl,
Not sure if you know this but there are different chemicals you can put on Hydrangeas that make them different colors. Google it and see what ya find!! :)