Thursday, July 23, 2009

Yummy German Pancakes

MMM...The first time I partook of these wonderful pancakes was the morning I turned 8 years old. I had a slumber party so in the morning we all feasted our hearts out on this delicious breakfast treat that my loving mommy made for us. Every time I eat these it reminds me of that memory {and when my berry best friend made them for me the morning of my 19th Bday. Yes she is a keeper!} as well as the countless Saturday mornings my Mom would wake up and bake this breakfast for us drooling kiddos! It was love at first bite.



Hooked ever since, & because they are super easy to make, I will continue the tradition by baking these lovely German Pancakes on special mornings and just because....because they are soooo good!

I was so excited we could sleep in this morning and have enough time to make them before I had to go to work one last time {before next Fall}. Summer is finally here! Woohoo. It was definitely time to celebrate with hot, tasty German Pancakes!

I love how the pancake puffs up in the pan!




To make these delightful German Pancakes you will need,
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
& then just place the eggs, milk, flour and salt in a bowl; mix with hand mixer until smooth. Pour the butter into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish; add the batter. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Then enjoy...


My favorite toppings are a fresh squeeze of lemon juice topped with powdered sugar. They are also divine with buttermilk syrup or topped with strawberries or peaches!


{Scott's naked pancake waiting to be doused in hot syrup and sprinkled gingerly with powdered sugar! whhhahhaa}

No comments: