Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sweet Tooth?


Yes indeed. Here is your recipe to curb that craving...seriously so quick, easy, cheap & delish. It is a must try! You totally don't even need to know how to cook or how to follow a recipe just throw in whatever sounds/feels good. I can hear it bubbling in the rice cooker right now & my mouth is watering...I can't wait for it to be done! YUMMM

Sweet Cinnamon/Coconut/Mango Sticky Rice

1/2 C. jasmine or long-grain rice

2 C. milk or coconut milk

2 T. sugar

pinch or two of cinnamon or whatever else you feel like....curry spices, lime squeezes, coconut flakes, raisins, mango slices

Combine all in a saucepan or rice cooker. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low about 15-20 minutes or till liquid is absorbed and rice is creamy.

Serves 2...or 1 if you are greedy :)

Sorry the last 2 posts have been about food...desserty foods no less...but who doesn't like dessert??! At least they are semi healthy right?

2 comments:

ailinh said...

Totally a Thai dish (minus the cinnamon)! My mom makes a dessert with almost the exact ingredients like this. Mmmm, makes me miss home. =( But thanks for sharing. Aaron loves mango and rice, so this will def surprise him!

Kelly and Shaun said...

Hey Brittany! How are you doing? How cold has Rexburg gotten! Thanks again for all the help you gave me during my wedding preparations! I have a blog too so we should keep in touch!