Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Adventures

Hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July weekend :) We had a blast camping for a few days with family and friends in the South Hills of Twin Falls, Idaho!!

It was our first time camping together and our first time using our new little tent that was just perfect for the 2 of us! Our little nephew Carson was so concerned we wouldn't fit in it because in his tent everyone could stand up! We managed to fit a few things in and slept just fine & I am actually missing hearing baby Avery in the night :) Bonnie, Brian...we will take her anytime. She is such a happy baby!

I have to share one quick story that happened the first night we were there because it makes me chuckle. So once upon a time...we were setting up camp and I realise I have to go to the bathroom. I ask Scott if I can use the toilet in the trailer and he said he didn't think we were going to use it the whole trip...so I held it in for a few hours and then forced Scott to walk with me out into the dark wilderness to do my business. Well we get back and everyone says, "Britt you could have used the bathroom in the trailer it's totally working!!!" I slowly turn my head to look over at Scott and he says..."I just wanted to see how you would react." haha...So suffice it to say I never had to go in the wilderness again...but at least I passed his test! Oh the joys of camping!

The rest of the trip was filled with 4 wheel rides, bike rides, playing catch, shooting guns, eating smores, playing mindmaster & battleship, learning new card games, campfire stories, great food and much more! We definitely tested our wilderness skills, shared some great times and made lots of fun memories! We can't wait to do it again and for the many fun summers ahead. Thanks Olsens, Stangers, and Bringhursts for such a wonderful time! We love you!

1 comment:

chellyyy said...

cuteee. i've been wanting to go camping. lovee you