Monday, February 8, 2010

Lovely


Valentine's Day will be here in just a few days!
Isn't this cake simply amazing!

Valentine's day has always been one of my favorite holidays. It is a time to tell your family, friends and loved ones how much you care and appreciate them & you get to hear it back. In my family we always had a traditional seafood dinner of either crab or lobster {While Brooke would have chicken nuggets! haha} and we would pass handmade Valentines out to everyone. It was like a mini thanksgiving kind of holiday. I really dislike when people call it "single awareness day" because you are always loved by God, family, and your friends around you. It shouldn't matter if you have or don't have a girlfriend, boyfriend, fiance, wife, husband or whatever to give you chocolates and silly gifts...It is a day that helps remind ME how I am so blessed to have the people in my life that I do have & I hope I can continue to make it that kind of day in my family too!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'll make you a heart cake if you make me some seafood and lobster! :)

Such a beautiful blog you have!

Blessings-
Amanda

chellyyy said...

you find the cutest cakes ever. hope you and scott have a wonderful valentines day. xoxo chellyyy