1 sm. pkg. Jello, any flavor
1 envelope unsweetened Kool-Aid, same flavor
1 c. sugar
2 c. boiling water
2 c. cold water
Dissolve Jello, Kool-Aid and sugar in boiling water. Add cold water. Pour liquid into small dixie cups or an ice cube tray perhaps and place in freezer. When they are slightly firm, after about 15 minutes or so, insert Popsicle sticks into the cup (or tooth pics in ice cube tray) & freeze overnight!
for MORE healthier pops...I thought these from cookie mag looked way cute & yummy!
(Makes 4 pops)
Mini chocolate chips act as sweet watermelon seeds in these fun treats. Remember to wait until the mixture is partially frozen to stir the chips in, so they don't all collect at the bottom of the pops.
- 5 cups watermelon cubes (from a 3-pound seedless watermelon)
- 1/4 cup organic lemonade concentrate or 1/4 cup lemon simple syrup (equal mix of lemon juice, sugar & water)
- 8 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- In a blender or food processor, puree the watermelon cubes and lemonade concentrate until smooth. Pour the puree into 4 large Popsicle molds or 8-ounce plastic cups.
- Freeze for 1 hour or until the mixture is slushy. Using a wooden Popsicle stick, stir about 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips into each pop.
- Insert the sticks, then freeze the pops for at least 6 hours or until they're solid.
- To unmold the pop: Run warm water over the bottom three-quarters of the mold. Let it stand for 10 seconds, then gently pull out the pop. Serve immediately or wrap each pop individually in plastic wrap and freeze until ready to serve.
I LOVE the Summertime!