Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Primary!!!

I got a new calling this week to be the primary pianist in our ward's primary. I am so so exited to be a part of primary again {Scott and I used to teach the 7 & 8 year olds in our first ward as a married couple} and to practice my piano playing skills! I love love love the primary songs and the spirit and power they can bring into our lives....and the lives of small children who are learning such simple truths and principles NOW! Little children just amaze me. Their spirits are so new and close to the spirit...they truly have a light about them!

I was so excited to purchase my own legit hard back large sized Children's Song Book...I felt like such an adult for some reason....but it was a tender moment for me because since I was little I always knew that someday I would be able to buy my own and now that time has come! haha! I seriously got a little tear in my eye when I took it up to the counter to pay for it at the BYU-I bookstore...I'm wierd okay...and maybe it was because I was thinking of how this would be the copy I use to help teach my own children the primary songs...anyways...I always get emotion about my future kids!

There is a new song we will be teaching in primary called, "I Know My Savior Loves Me" and since it is so new and I had never heard it before I decided to try to listen to it on YouTube...and came across this...



Doesn't he just melt your heart?! I can not wait to start my new calling!

:]

2 comments:

Carly said...

You are so sweet =)
I feel the same way about my future little ones. Must be a woman thing!

Congrats on such a fun calling! You'll be amazing!

Anonymous said...

Fun! I would love to be in Primary!