Sunday, January 23, 2011

20 Weeks

We made it! Already half way there!

So just an update! We could not be more excited for this baby boy. Holy cow I have not been able to sleep this past week my mind has just been so excited and bouncing off the walls with ideas and planning and thoughts of what this baby is going to be like and how to be a mom and man it is kind of overwhelming to say the least. Ever since we found out we are having a boy it has felt all the more real and now the little guy seems like he has taken on a personality!

Oh and I definitely know he is a mighty puncher/kicker. Last night I felt like he was going to punch through my belly and he wouldn't stop kicking for a few hours...and I totally didn't mind! It is really quite exciting to feel the babe kick! Oh man it is like the weirdest feeling though, almost like a muscle spasm or twitches you can't control, only more awesome and cool feeling because there is actually a little sweet person in there doing the rolling and pounding!

I can't even express how excited I have been this past week and yet how worried and emotional I have felt about it all! But I guess that is what your first pregnancy is all about anyways. Everything is just so new and you just gotta hope and trust that everything works out the best way it should! I definitely feel like I am growing so much, outwardly and inwardly and learning so much in the process.

I find it amazing that our Heavenly Father chose to send his children to earth through women's bodies. In fact, the only possible way to enter this mortal world is through the body of a woman! What a special honor. We are the gateway through which the souls of all mankind pass through into this mortal world. Kind of boggles my mind! I have been thinking about that lately and also recently read this interesting and insightful article about the symbolize of birth called, The Importance of Birth from Woman in the Scriptures blog that if you are interested, should definitely read. I feel like so much of this pregnancy process is spiritual and I know in the months to come I will gain a greater spiritual strength through the birth process and closer relationships with my Heavenly Father and Mother because this babe is already beginning to change my perspective on life and the eternities!

I have listened to this song a few times since being preggo and have so teared up listening to it thinking bout my sweet little baby. It is called Love is Waiting by Brooke Fraser. Sweetest song ever..just take a listen.

CHORUS:
I'll be waiting for you baby
I'll be holding back the darkest night
Love is waiting til we're ready, til it's right
Love is waiting



& That is all for now.
Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you were able to spend it with those you love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha! your poor little sister! Great video, and I'm soo glad that you liked M & L!! we shall go again!!