Thursday, January 13, 2011

Attached








The last week or so I have been helping watch my 4 younger siblings while my parents left for a trip to Puerta Vallarta, Mexico! It sure was a complete blast to say the least. Challenging at times but I learned a lot and we all had tons of fun together. I felt like I drove everywhere and made at least 25 million pbj's a day. Okay that is an exaggeration but just making sure they were in the right place at the right time and had sufficient food to fill their bellies was quite the feat! They were all so helpful and great! It was fun practicing being a mom of teenagers...and a kindergartner...for a week! I would do it again in a heart beat!


Baby bump: 18 weeks! Half way done!!! This week I have been able to really feel the baby move and kick around! It is the coolest feeling. On Sunday at church I felt it for the first time and then pretty soon there were 5 pairs of hands on my belly trying to feel the little kicks...haha. My family is awesome. I don't think they could really feel anything but they all got super excited and now I feel the baby moving all the time especially in the night and mornings when I'm more relaxed and quiet. I love it! I can't wait for Scott to be able to feel them too!

I never knew how attached I would feel to a little person I have never met before and how every mom has the opportunity to bond with their baby even before they are born. It is an incredible feeling that in another 4 months or so we will have a new little addition in our family that looks like us?! So crazy! We will be parents! :] I can't even fathom what that will really feel like but I am so excited!!!

...Especially excited to find out what we are having tomorrow! Blue or pink baby...any guesses??

2 comments:

hmmm said...

How fun! Family is fun.

And you are such a darling little preggers! Look how cute you are!

Anyway, Jas and I were thinking that we wanted to have a little game night next weekend or something..... you dudes free? It'll be fuuuuun! :)

The Todds said...

Even though "they" say that the Dad decides the gender, and I don't know what Scott's family is like, I'm gonna say a GIRL...cuz that's pretty much all YOUR family makes!! You look great! Can't wait to find out what you're having!