Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Focus


‎"I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not. Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson

Wow, where to begin. With all the coming and goings of the holiday, life took quite the upswing. It was so nice to have a two week holiday to spend with Scott and all my family down in San Diego. Now things are slowing down a little and we are getting back to our normal routine. I seem to have a lot to catch up on blogging-wise yet I am totally slacking in the photo download and upload departments so my holiday documenting and blogging have come to a stand still for now. 

No matter. Our holidays were super. The babe was so precious and happy to be so loved by all. We celebrated our 3rd anniversary and went out on a hott date. Christmas was excellent and New Years was grand...more on all that to come later, I promise. 

We move cross-country in 23 days. Oh so much to do. All with a teething/bouncing/crawling/busy baby boy whom I completely love and adore and can't get enough of. Oh he is the cutest. 

I decided on a word for this year. Last year's word was COURAGE. It found its way into my prayers, heart and head every day and FOCUS is my word to focus on for 2012! It will be my new mantra, my quest to be a little better. Being a wife, mom, sister, daughter, friend, designer, blogger, primary teacher...etc. is quite a balancing act and often I bite off more than I can chew. This year will be a journey in simplifying, prioritizing and focusing on what truly matters. Often my perfectionism gets in the way of this, wanting to do everything 110% with every detail in place, but I am learning to let go of the unimportant. I can still do things to the 110% but with the big picture in mind at all times. Does that make sense? I want a clear picture of my days and what I can take on. I want to be the best at what is most important in life and not worry about the things that are of little significance in the eternal scheme. I want to hone in on what truly counts. So here's to days full of meaning and less fluff!

2012 is going to be a great year! So excited for what lies ahead.

No comments: