Tuesday, September 28, 2010

VELVET PLAY DOUGH

After going out to lunch with my pops I spent the rest of the day in Escondido! We surprised my mom by dropping in and I hung out with my fam til Scott got back into the U.S. :] Brinley and I had a fun time playing make believe and also making the softest most silkiest play dough there ever was! We are pretty much bffs, Brinley and I that is.

This recipe is the best I have ever made so far. [Okay well I have only tried like 3 in my whole life...but this stuff was great!] Definitely a fool proof recipe and little kids can even help make it too! I love play dough, it is so therapeutic and fun! Brinley loved it as well, can't you tell!

100_2803


Velvet Play Dough
via The Coterie Blog

1 cup flour
1 cup warm water
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon oil
1/4 cup salt
food coloring

Mix all ingredients, adding food coloring last. Stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from pan and knead until blended smooth. Place in plastic bag or airtight container when cooled. Will last for a long time.

*hint, after I made my base color and kneaded it, I just split the dough and put a tiny bit of whatever color in and kneaded it more to make another color!

No comments: