Friday, May 25, 2012

Life Happens

"It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself that determines how your life's story will develop." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf

This week has definitely been a trying one. One of those weeks where shedding tears does wonders for the heart and mind. I like to say I have "lovely problems" compared to others who have lost close family members or who are going through trying times with health related problems...my trials pale in comparison, but they are still my trials.

This week I am grateful for the sweet little boy on our street who so charmingly said, "you have a very handsome son," as we walked past him on our afternoon walk as he was returning home from school....definitely made my whole day.

I am thankful for an understanding husband who listens to me and loves me for who I am.

I am thankful for the opportunity to clean a messy little face, wipe a tiny baby bum, and sweep endless crumbs off the floor on the daily. For some reason I cherish those little moments, they make me feel like a real mom. They aren't the things I take pictures of or document but they are things that consume my days & by the end of the day when Camden is down for the count, snoozing sweetly in his crib, I already miss those moments.

I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who helps remind me to always trust in him.


I am so happy my mom emailed me this photo yesterday from our trip to Busch Gardens a few years back! My brother and I are so cool and composed while our mom is front and center...about to pee her pants! Ahaha! Best. picture. ever. Sorry mom!

Life is good. Defnitely not perfect, but life is good.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Sorry to see you're having a hard time with something, glad to see you still have a grateful heart =)